Skip to main content
Finding useful articles
This database provides abstracts and indexing for key Psychology titles, many which are available in full text. Many titles are indexed in PsycINFO. Coverage ranges from behavioral, clinical, cognitive, developmental, experimental, industrial and social psychology, along with personality, psychobiology and psychometrics.
- Click on the Advanced Search link located beneath the basic search box on the ProQuest Psychology Journals landing page.
- Our first search terms will be the "bystander effect" AND internet.
- Now click the Search button.
Interpreting your results:
The main column on the page consists of the results of your search. You can sort the results by publication or relevance, and limiters that can be used to narrow your search results appear in the left column of the page. Note: Your Keywords will be highlighted in your search result list.
The limiters are comprehensive, the options available to you appear in collapsible lists on the left column in the results.
When you find an article that interests you:
- To preview an article, you can mouse-over the icon. A small window will appear You'll see the article's abstract, subject headings and citation information.
- Click on the icon to access full-text of the article in PDF form. If no other form is available use the icon.
Tip: If you have a choice to use a PDF or an html version of an article choose the PDF for accurate page numbers!
- If a full-text version of your article is not available, search for the title of your article in Fetch!
or request the article through the Interlibrary Loan form.
- If you make a ProQuest Account, you can make folders and organize your research. Place articles in folders by clicking the Save to My Research link under the icon and following the prompts!
Ethel K. Smith Library
PO Box 159
110 Church Street, Wingate NC 28174
Wingate, NC 28174