Skip to main content
Finding Useful Articles in Points of View Reference Center
To find useful articles, perform the following steps in Points of View Reference Center.
- In either the basic search with Boolean operators or the Advanced search with the query builder, enter your search terms:
- If you desire, you can EXPAND your search by .
- Now click the Search button.
On the results page you can:
- Expand your search! By default Points of View reference books are the default result choice when you recieve your list of potentially useful items.
- Further refine your searches as needed using the limiters found in the left column. You can limit to source type, subject, full text availability, illustrated works, and featured story.
- To preview an article, you can mouse-over the icon. A small window will appear You'll see the article's abstract, subject headings and citation information.
- Click on the icon to access full-text of the article.
Tip: If you have a choice to use a PDF or an html version of an article choose the PDF for accurate page numbers!
- If a full-text version of your article is not available, click on the icon to search for your article in other linked databases.
- If there is no online access, don't forget to double-check Periodicals by Title to see if the Library has a print subscription.
If the library does not have access to an article in any form, copy the citation information into the online Interlibrary Loan form.
- If you make an EBSCO account, you can make folders and organize your research. Place articles in folders by clicking the icon and following the prompts!
Ethel K. Smith Library
PO Box 159
110 Church Street, Wingate NC 28174
Wingate, NC 28174