Additional Databases Now Feature MLA 7
Academic OneFile and Gale Virtual Reference Library, both brought to you by the EKS Library, now feature MLA 7. The most visible changes found in MLA 7 include:
• No more underlining — publication titles and the name of the online product accessed are now italicized
• No more URLs — MLA no longer requires URLs, but encourages writers to provide a URL if the citation information does not easily lead readers to the source
• Continuous pagination — this is no longer an issue for scholarly journal citations; both volume and issue numbers are required, regardless of pagination
• Publication medium — since documents accessed from Academic OneFile and Gale Virtual Reference Library are Gale resources, the citation will always include the medium “Web.” In addition, MLA has eliminated the requirement to include the name of the service (“Gale”) and the name of the subscribing institution
• New abbreviations — when certain metadata is missing, such as publisher or page numbers, suggested abbreviations are displayed denoting that fact
For help using these Gale resources or other Library databases, please visit the Reference Desk in the Ethel K. Smith Library, or dial campus extention 8097 to speak with a Librarian.