EBSCOhost: There is an App for That
The new app is free, and offers the convenience and rich functionality that enables you to:
- Choose which databases to search
- Limit results to full text or peer reviewed
- Sort by relevance or date
- Retrieve full text results in HTML and/or PDF formats
- Save results for offline access at a later date
- Email results to self or others
- View cover flow display of results
To get started log onto the EBSCOhost website with your iPhone, click on the EBSCOhost iPhone/iPod Touch Application link at the bottom of the EBSCOhost screen and follow the instructions.
Basically you will sent an e-mail that provides instructions for a 9-month certificate, avoiding the need to authenticate off of the library’s proxy server. After the 9-month period is over, you would have repeat the process for another certificate.