There is a planned upgrade to the Voyager integrated library system on Monday, December 29th, beginning at about 11:00 a.m. and lasting throughout the remainder of the day. During this time there will be limited circulation functions. Items may be checked out, but they cannot be checked in, nor can fines or fees be processed or refunds sent to the Business Office. The cataloging module will also be unavailable, so it will not be possible enter books into the catalog that day. The upgrade does not affect access to LibGuides or the online databases.
With the upgrade there will be a new interface available for the online catalog. The new interface is more consistent with that already used for Fetch! and various databases. It also provides a seamless integration between the DVD’s and books in the library and their e-resource equivalents. A preview of the new interface is available.
The Christmas Holiday schedule for the Ethel K. Smith Library is as follows:
- Tuesday, December 16th: 7:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, December 17th-Friday, December 19th: 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
- Saturday, December 20th & Sunday, December 21st: Closed
- Monday, December 22th & Tuesday, December 23rd: 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, December 24th-Sunday, December 28th: Closed
- Monday, December 29th-Wednesday, December 31st 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
- Thursday, January 1st: Closed
- Friday, January 2nd: 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
- Saturday, January 3rd & Sunday, January 4th: Closed
- Monday, January 5th-Friday, January 9th 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
- Saturday, January 10th & Sunday, January 11th: Closed
- Monday January 12th: 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
The Library will resume its regular schedule with the beginning of classes on Tuesday, January 13th.
RM725 .A3 2009
HF5825 .S38 2004
Rebecca P. Butler.
David P. Forsythe.
F220.S75 L363 2009
James Martin, SJ.
Jill Bolte Taylor.
E599.A3 S7 2004
If you still have books checked out from the library, please remember that when you have finished that last paper return the books you borrowed to the library.
If you don’t return your books bad things will happen. You will charged to replace the books. You won’t get your grades. If you are a senior, you won’t graduate. Not returning your books can be a hassle.
The library staff isn’t trying to come down hard, but Wingate needs the books back so that future students will have the opportunity you have had to learn, become more enlightened, or at least be able to finish that last term paper.
So please remember, books are due on or before December 16th. You can check which books are still listed as being checked out by you from the Online Catalog. If there is any discrepancy, please visit us at the Circulation Desk or call 704.233.8089.
Tags: Return your books
The Belle of Amherst
PS1541.Z5 B362 2004
LB3013.32 .B855 2013
QB461 .C35 2007
- Tuesday 9 December (Reading Day): 7:30 a.m. to 12:00 midnight
- Wednesday 10 December through Friday 12 December: 7:30 a.m. to 12:00 midnight
- Saturday 13 December: 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Sunday 14 December: 3:00 p.m. to 12:00 midnight
- Monday 15 December: 7:30 a.m. to 12:00 midnight
- Tuesday 16 December: 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Save for holidays, the Library will fall back to between session hours during the Christmas Break:
- Monday-Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday: Closed
|9:00 a.m.||1:30 p.m.|
|Wednesday, Dec. 10||11:00 a.m. TR||9:00 a.m. MWF|
|Thursday, Dec. 11||10:00 a.m. MWF||1 p.m. MWF|
|Friday, Dec. 12||11:00 a.m. MWF||2:00 p.m. MWF|
|Saturday, Dec. 13||8:00 a.m. MWF||2:00 p.m. TR|
|Monday, Dec. 15||9:30 a.m. TR||8:00 a.m. TR|
|Tuesday, Dec. 16||12 noon MWF||12:30 p.m. TR|
Quiet Hours are in effect twenty-four hours a day beginning today, December 8th at 5:00 p.m. in all areas of campus. Please be respectful of those around you who are studying.
Expanded study locations
Expanded study locations are available in:
- Burris and Hayes classrooms until 12:00 midnight through Tuesday, December 16th.
- Dickson Palmer Center is open twenty-four hours a day.
Therapy Dogs at Ethel K. Smith Library Front Porch – Tuesday, December 9th at 3:00 p.m.
Refuel Exam Breaks begin this week. Don’t miss free food and a chance to relax from 9 p.m. until the food is gone. This semester’s theme is “The Hunger Games.”
- Tuesday, December 9th – The Opening Ceremony Late Night Breakfast. WT Harris Dining Hall
- Wednesday, December 10th – The Cornucopia with The Tin Kitchen Food Truck. Camden Promenade
- Thursday, December 11th – The Districts with Cinnabon. Ames Turnout
- Friday, December. 12th – The Crowning with Chick-fil-A. Ames Turnout
Classroom management that works
LB3013 .C63 2004
Touring America’s national parks
E160 .T68 2003
PN1993.5.U6 .H55 v.1
NE670.E75 L4813 1992
The beggar’s opera
PN1995.9.M86 B44 2009
Fast food nation
PN1997.2 .F37 2006
The Ethel K. Smith Library is currently accepting applications for Student Assistants for the Spring 2015 semester. You may access the application on CareerGate, the Library Website, or in person at the Main Circulation Desk. Applications may also be submitted until December 19th 2014 by e-mail to Alison Simpson at email@example.com or at the Main Circulation Desk.
The Library will be closed in observance of the Thanksgiving Holiday and will reopen at 6:00 p.m. Details are as follows:
- Tuesday, 25 November: 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, 26 November through Saturday, 29 November: Closed
- Sunday, 30 November: 6:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
The Library will resume its normal hours of operation on 1 December.