Skip to main content
Finding Research Articles in Wiley Online Library
Wiley Online Library
Provides access to over 4 million articles and abstracts/citations across nearly 1,500 journals and 14,000 online books and major reference works covering multidisciplinary topics such as Medicine, Life Sciences, Physical Sciences, Humanities, and Social Sciences.
- Click on the Advanced Search link located at the bottom of the search box on the Wiley Online Library (WOL) landing page.
- Type "size exclusion column chromatography", enclosed in double quotations, in the first search box, be sure to search all fields. Then, set the second boolean operator to AND "proteins" in the second search box. Specify date ranges as needed.
- Choose the fields you would like to search. There are a variety of fields to search, however to ensure that you get all of the results out there related to your terms, it is best to leave the field set to "Anywhere."
- Now click the Search button
Interpreting your results:
- Refine your results by using the filters/limiters in the right hand column.
You can FIlter by Publication Type.
- To access an article or citation, simply click on the record title.
- Inside the article you'll see a Journal column on the left of the screen. Here you can find other issues of the journal that contains your article, read about the journal to double check for peer-reviewed quality, or find other journal specific information.
- On the right side of the screen is an Article Tools menu. Save your research to your profile, download a PDF of your full text article, and export citations.
- To identify articles that contain full text of an article look for the icon.
- To gain full text access to the article, click on the links. To get the most scholarly version of your article, use the PDF of the file if possible.
- If there is no full text access to an article, search for it by title in other science databases. If you still can not find the article, request it through interlibrary loan.
- If there is no online access, don't forget to double-check Periodicals by Title to see if the Library has a print subscription to your journal.
Ethel K. Smith Library
PO Box 159
110 Church Street, Wingate NC 28174
Wingate, NC 28174